Notification by Česká exportní banka on the Processing of Personal Information
Česká exportní banka (Czech Export Bank; "ČEB") takes the protection of personal information particularly seriously. When processing personal information, ČEB complies with valid legislation (for example Act No. 101/2000 Coll. on Personal Information Protection, as amended, Act No. 21/1992 on Banks, as amended, etc.), and pays particular attention to ensuring the confidentiality of any personal information it obtains.
The Purpose of Personal Information Processing
ČEB processes personal information:
- For the purpose of processing stipulated by a special Act, or necessary for the exercising of rights and performance of obligations stipulated by a special Act (for example Act No. 21/1992 Coll. on Banks, as amended, Act No. 563/1991 Coll. on Accounting, as amended, Act No. 262/2006 Coll., the Labour Code, as amended, Act No. 253/2008 Coll., on Selected Measures against Legitimisation of Proceeds of Crime and on the Amendment of Related Legislation, as amended);
- For negotiations relating to the conclusion of a contractual relationship;
- For the purpose of performing a contract concluded with ČEB;
- When dealing with lawfully published personal data in accordance with a special regulation;
- For all purposes related to ČEB's business activities.
Personal Information Categories
For the purposes of banking transactions, ČEB processes the following personal information of natural persons: name, surname, place of residence, date of birth, address, e-mail address, company identification number, personal identification number, place of birth, sex, citizenship, identification card type and number, name of state/authority that issued the identification card, validity period of the identification card.
Information Subject Categories
ČEB acquires and processes personal information about private individual (persons), including their personal identification numbers, if such has been assigned to them, with the exception of sensitive information on natural persons, necessary so that the banking transaction may be carried out without unreasonable legal and material risks for ČEB. Information must be adequate for the legal and material risks related to banking transaction with the information subject, and relevant to the assessment of these risks. ČEB also processes personal information about its current and potential employees. This information is acquired and processed by authorised employees of ČEB, who are obliged to comply with legislation regarding the protection of the private and personal lives of natural persons.
ČEB provides personal information:
- To state authorities, banks or other subjects as part of its compliance with its legal obligations stipulated through special legislation (e.g. Act No. 21/1992 Coll. on Banks, Act No. 253/2008 Coll. on Selected Measures against Legitimisation of Proceeds of Crime and on the Amendment of Related Legislation, etc.),
- To other subjects as stipulated by a special Act (see Section 38, Section 38a and Section 38b of Act No. 21/1992 Coll. on Banks, as amended),
- To other subjects if this is essential to protect ČEB's rights (e.g. insurers, courts, bailiffs, auctioneers, etc.), while the amount of personal information provided is restricted to information essential for the ČEB's claim in question to be successfully exercised.
Provided that the natural person in question has granted ČEB their consent, ČEB retains personal information for period of ten years from its disclosure by that person. In case of occurrence of business obligation relationship between a legal entity, in whose name or on whose behalf the natural person proceeds, or between a person and ČEB, the person grants their consent for the period of the business obligation relationship between the legal entity, in whose name or on whose behalf the natural person proceeds, or between a natural person and ČEB, and further for the following ten years after termination of this relationship. When the above stated periods have elapsed, the personal information in question may only be retained by ČEB for archiving purposes.
A natural person who provides ČEB with personal information has the right to access to the provided personal information, and is entitled to request ČEB in writing to provide information about their personal information that the bank has on record. ČEB will provide this information for a reasonable fee. Pursuant to the provisions of Act No. 21/1992 Coll. on Banks, as amended, ČEB is not obliged to provide such information free of charge.